Sunday, November 05, 2006

Praying for luck

Today I went to 2 different temples to pray: “Guan-yin” temple and some “milk” temple. I’m not sure the temple’s name or any customs of these temples, but my friends seems to think that praying in these temples is a sign of good luck and might help us in our examination. Although I’m a Chinese, I don’t really like nor believe in much of it. I don’t believe in the existence of Gods and Buddha (because of something in the pass), but why not go along, it won’t hurt having more luck than I already have.

We went to this temple near my ex-home. The strange thing is, all my years living there I know nothing about this temple. To me, it was always there. Today I went in the first time. Surprising to see a lot of friends from tuition center and school arriving almost the same time, my only thought was “this could be the real deal, could.” I tied these red string thingies on both my wrists, place several joss-sticks, listen to prayers, poured oil and place milk before leaving that temple and continue to the next temple.

The Guan-yin temple, one I heard of a lot from my parents and being here several times in 17 years time, is not really a mystery. Today’s also the 15th day of the month in the lunar calendar, which is the main reason the temple is packed with people. They were all around the temple, presenting their joss-sticks, “papers” and etc. we went in to pray and manage to catch a glimpse of a lion dance before leaving the temple. The next destination was “prangin’ mall”.

Although I don’t believe in Gods and Buddha, my family and friends (some) does, and most of them really hope I do. For now, I might believe in it, at least until the exam’s over. As for everyone else sitting for the spm examination, I wish you all luck and the best.

Sunday
5th November 2006

1 comment:

Hw said...

Haiz...Din ask me 2 go oso...