Thursday, November 09, 2006

Toilet

Today, my parents took me to a western restaurant to celebrate me passing driving, which I did on Tuesday (7th November 2006). In the restaurant, there was a group of women, 2 Malaysian and 2 British. They were celebrating A’s birthday (not sure with their names though). They were chatting and eating. Then A had to the use the toilet. She went and came back within 15 seconds and said “I don’t know how to use the toilet.”

Apparently, there are no more squatting toilets anymore where she came from. She came back to her table and started to talk about toilet for about 10, minutes (which I waited for my food to be served). Then, she said something interesting “I really got to use the toilet, any tips?” The 2 Malaysians begin to “teach” her how to squat and etc. After all that, the other British lady said she’ll go first to try it out, if she can do it, A can. She went in, came out, normal. Laughing, she told A to go in. A went in, quite long though.

About 3 minutes later, she came out, blushed red. She said she had to take of her pants to pee, to avoid her pants getting wet. Her friends, my parents, the restaurant owner and I laughed. Her friends continue their teasing and laughing on that topic for quite a while before paying for the food. She left the restaurant saying this was a good topic to write about (must be dairy or blog or something) and that was an interesting birthday.

Haiz ~ so much fuzz just from using the toilet, a perfect example that there’s a huge difference between eastern and western countries. Happy birthday to A though. Haha ~

Thursday
9th November 2006

2 comments:

Andrew Ho said...

ooh ya, i nvr realise that squating toilet will give so much troble to women

LogicYuan said...

haha..maybe she's a travel journalist...