Friday, November 03, 2006

Graduation

Today is my graduation day in chung ling high school ( penang, malaysia). The ceremony was boring, as expected: vip speeches, prize giving, school band playing and singing. To me, this ceremony can be skipped and avoided to begin with, nothing particular. Although, it’s nice seeing everyone in my year gathering one last time (since everyone have been skipping school recently), this gave me the chance to take last photos of everyone of my friends.

There’s a whole 2 hours before we enter the school hall, which is a perfect time to enjoy ourselves (a royal pain in the a** exam is coming) while making memory snaps of our friends. At 7.30 am, everyone is in school going around taking photos and talking (some gambling while others do what they usually do).i manage to take pictures of my dear friends (I hope I didn’t left anyone out. Sorry if I did), fellow primary schoolmates, buddies and good friends. I took a final tour around the school taking picture with some classmates and good friends before entering the hall.

We waiting long~ ~ for the arrival of the vip( lame), listen to them babble about nothing important while sitting there empty stomach. After some speech from fellow graduates, it’s prize giving time( congratulations to whei chuern, chiew sern and huan chien). After that was time for singing (graduation song and some others, which I missed cause I went to the wash room). Then, the day was over. Everyone was so hungry; we went our separate ways after some goodbyes.

The day before(2nd November 2006), I organized a party for our teachers( in which we only invited some that we really learnt something from). That party went on the whole day. Candy and junk food started in the morning (as soon as they arrived). The game of the day played itself off early too – casino-nation. We received our graduation magazine yesterday and marked the begin of “the amazing race” for signatures. There’s student (form 5) every corner of the school, wanting signature from teachers and friends. I was so caught up that I nearly forgot about calling the delivery. Thanks to come assistance, everything was on track, except the money problem (I had to pay for the tips).

Today, I finally open the graduation magazine to go through it carefully. Disappointed by the design of the magazine (color and they didn’t publish my poem, though I have to admit is weak compared to those that were publish), I was quite pleased with the fruit the committee did (a big shout-out to the committee “THANKS”). I found out what my class wrote about me (translating): he (which is me) talks a lot, but he really is a nice guy. He is a softie, while saying no to your face, he is actually helping you in the back. He is considered a “worthy” friend. EMBARRASSING but ok, I’ll accept it (what to do?).

Maybe i really am a softie. I don’t like my school (too much rules to actually work, teachers who sit, shit, spit more than speak) but I cherish each and everyone of my friends, some help me in my studies, some in activities, some in emotions while others help by giving advice. The thought of not seeing them (some) actually hurts. Next year, I might not see some of them anymore, some I might spend another few years with (not complaining). I’m sadden by the thought but there’s nothing much I can really do. So to the lot of you, good luck, all the best, keep in touch and best wishes.


Friday
3rd November 2006

No comments: